Update: As of 3/3/2013 This swap is FULL. If you are interested in being on a wait list in case someone cancels and/or to let you know when we do our next swap, go ahead and leave a comment or email me at polly.helping.little.hands (at) gmail (dot) com.
So I thought for sure that my squares from our last I-Spy Swap would keep me busy for months. (I'd filled double spots in each swap myself...and then a couple people backed out, so I ended up with 6 spots worth of squares. Two weeks after the the squares got mailed out...uh...I'm almost out of squares. I sewed up a quilt for my brother's new baby...and then 3 quilt tops to send to the children's hospital...and then the other ladies at our little quilt party sewed up 2 more quilt tops for the children's hospital. Plus, the squares sew up so much faster than I was expecting.
Since quite a few people said they'd be interested in doing another swap and I've been getting emails from more people asking to be put on the waiting list, I thought we'd go for Round 2.
Mail 200 I-Spy squares to me by April 1st.
Get 200 I-Spy squares back, all different, by April 15th.
PLEASE be sure you can meet the deadlines BEFORE you sign up!
1. The first 36 people to comment are in. [If you live outside the U.S., no problem -- but please mail your fabrics a little earlier so there's plenty of time to meet the deadline!] You will mail your squares with a postage paid envelope for me to mail them back to you.
2. Cut 20 4" squares out of each of 10 different novelty print quilt fabrics (NO flannel!). A 1/4-yard cut or fat quarter will get you 20 4" squares, so you will be purchasing a total of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This is NOTHING when you think about all the different squares you will be getting back!
3. In order to avoid duplicates, everyone will need to search out unusual or obscure prints. Look for things that aren't available at chain stores. But, please, pick FUN ones! If you love it, the other swappers will love it too! Please upload pictures of your fabric choices to the HLH I-Spy Swap flickr group as soon as possible after ordering and check the flickr group before you place your order. (If you order fabric online, many smaller shops will send you a picture.) If you're not able to post to the flickr group for some reason, email me the picture and I will add it. Please put Swap 2 somewhere in the picture title, so there will not be confusion with our last swap.
4. Remember that we are looking for fabric with objects on it, not printy-prints. (A fabric with FLOWERS on it is very different from a FLORAL PRINT.)
5. NO "licensed" prints: No Disney, Dora, L.A. Lakers, etc.
6. Remember seam allowances! Be sure you can tell what you are looking at within a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square. Nobody wants only half of an object in their square -- cut them well! (Depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard in order to get an object into each cut square.)
7. This is a double swap, so you can sign up for 2 spots if you want...but the fabrics for each swap need to be different.
If you want to join me in this obsession, leave a comment here that includes your email address!!
Remember: The FIRST 36 who comment (and leave their email address so I can contact you) are IN!
*IF by chance we don't make it to the full double swap, then I will open things up for people to take extra spots with duplicate fabric...so if you sign up for both swap A&B, you may end up with a few duplicates. If you sign up for just one swap regardless if it's Swap A or Swap B, then all your squares will be different. Hope that makes sense.
SERIOUS SWAPPERS ONLY...
Please read the guidelines before signing up!
Many online shops have a 1/2 yard or 1 yard minimum when ordering fabric. It can sometimes be a challenge to find shops online that will let you select your own fat quarters or quarter yard cuts. Two shops I've found that are excellent sources of 1/4 yards are Sisters and Quilters where they let you build your own fat quarter bundle for any number of fat quarters.
Please show my sponsors some love...
|Urban Zoologie - Bright Dinosaurs - From Sisters and Quilters||Build Your Own Fat Quarter Bundle - 10 (Other amounts available)||Tuxedo Collection Fabric Bundle - From Sisters and Quilters|