I ended up using this pattern from Tricia at A Little Mundane. I did do a few things differently though.
- I used an old towel to cut up interfacing pieces for the cover instead of fusible fleece. This was a little more work, but was free...and saved me a trip to the fabric store 30 minutes away.
- I didn't do any interfacing on the inside layer.
- I used straps I'd salvaged from backpacks or other items we were getting rid of for the handles.
- I did some pieces and extra personalizing. I wanted to make each one personalized for the kids in my class because after all, that's how Heavenly Father's love is for each of us. He loves all of us, but for our own individual qualities.