Thursday, September 16, 2010

Easy Too Big Neckline Fix

Firecracker finally got her own girly dinosaur T-shirt last week.  I had her try it on before adding the applique and she said it fit okay, but after wearing it the first time she complained she had to keep messing with the neckline.

Monday was "Red" day in Kindergarten, so we needed it wearable.  Here's what I did.
I matched the shoulders to find the middle of the back and pinned it. 
Then I sewed it about 3/4 inch away from the fold with a seam that is about 1 1/2 inches long.
Then I opened it back up and flattened the "extra" and pinned it. 
I turned it over and "stitched in the ditch" of the first seam to keep that extra open. 
Snip the threads and you're done!
And since it was red day at Kindergarten, we went on a walk to look for red things for Boy's "preschool" time.


  1. Very cool. I have to opposite problem, but this still looks really cute.

  2. You are so clever. I never thought to try to fix that problem. I just always pushed those shirts to the bottom of the drawer. Time to pull them back out again and make them wearable. Thanks!

  3. Cute red kiddos! Clever t-shirt fix.

  4. That's brilliant! I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:



Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.