I can hardly believe that we're at the end of February with March right around the corner. When my mom was here last weekend, she reminded me that March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday and March is Reading Month.
Since we're huge book lovers at Helping Little Hands, I thought we'd have a little Read-Along. I'm hoping to have a children's book for each day for the month of March. I'll be sharing a lot of picture books and activities of my own (and some reading tips and such)...but I can't come up with a book/activity + post for every single day. (We've had a tendancy lately to skip our daily "preschool" time, so this will be good motivation for me to get back on track.) I'm hoping many of you will want to participate by sharing a favorite children's book and related activity of your own too!
Here's what it involves if you'd like to be included:
- Choose a favorite children's book.
- Choose an activity to go along with your book. It can be a child's art project, an outing, cooking, a learning activity, or grown-up craft, just about anything goes as long as it enhances the reading experience. It doesn't have to be complicated...some of the simplest activities have been our kids' favorites.
- A book/activity you've done previously is fine too. In that case it would be nice if you're willing to make a mention of the Read Along in a new post on your scheduled day and/or repost the activity.
- Email me (polly.helping.little.hands (at) gmail (dot) com) and let me know you want to participate. If you already know what book you'll use, that's great or you can let me know later. You can also leave a comment on this post, but please me sure there's a way for me to contact you.
- Add the Read-Along Button to the sidebar of your blog. I'm not going to absolutely insist on this, but it would be a nice way to let others know about it. If you want to do a post letting others know about the Read-Along, that would be nice...but totally optional.
- After I know who wants to participate, I'll come up with a schedule. If there's a particular day you want, I'll try to accommondate. You can put your post up on your blog anytime on or before your scheduled day.
- Your post will be on your blog, and I'll put up a short post on Helping Little Hands sending people to your blog to see your Read-Along contribution. This should be a nice way to bring new readers to your blog and give us all ideas of fun books to read with our kids.
- Become a follower of my blog via blogger, Facebook, or whatever kind of blog reader you prefer to keep updated.
- I'll be keeping an archive list as we go, so at the end, there we'll have a great resource of fun kids books and activities.