I wanted to do something for them to show our appreciation for the chilly service they perform mostly on behalf of my daughter...Especially since it saves me from having to bundle myself and the little ones up to walk Firecracker to school.
This is what I came up with...
It was really easy to put together and could also work great for a teacher or other school assistant with a chilly recess duty.
Here's what I included:
- A scarf...here's my tutorial for the Braided Edge Scarf...but a scarf for the store or a simple single thickness fringed scarf would work great too.
- Handwarmers...I tucked in 2 or 3 sets. These came in a big box from Costco. I'd wanted to make some of these, which I still might do...but I didn't have time and wanted to get the gifts finished.
- Goodies...the same easy rice krispies topped with sprinkles that we included with the teacher treats.
- Hot Chocolate packs...I tucked in 2 or 3.
- A card, made and signed by Firecracker with a short note from me.
- A Copy of the Letter to the Principal about what a great job they do watching out for Firecracker and being cheerful about their chilly job.
I tied the felt around the roll to keep it closed. Cut some fringe on the end (which unfortunately you can't see well in the picture) to make the felt look like a mini-scarf and attached a "Warm Christmas Wishes" tag. (Idea from here.)
If you're looking for other idea...you can click here for last week's post showing our teacher gift.
I'll be linking to: